The Upgrades Begin
Below are pics of the changes to the front end. I took a week off work to get some of the urgent jobs done on the car, the big one was tying the front legs to the strut towers in an effort to stiffen the front up. I started by removing the windscreen air-box, factory pedal setup including the booster and removed the wiper motor to allow the strut bar access through the fire wall. The removal of the factory parts took a lot of weight out and freed up a great deal of room in both the engine bay and cabin under the windscreen. As the new pedal box will not utilize a brake booster in the system I can free up room around the intake side of the engine and means the master cylinder won’t be in this hot environment, the same can be said for the clutch.
The wiper motor will now also be relocated to the cabin and modified to run just one central wiper blade, the brackets are made and tacked in to test the moments and make sure I get a good swept area over the screen.
Not installed yet but soon to be added will be the engine bay fire wall strut brace, this will be a bolt in item so it can be removed for easy access to the engine and ancillaries.